We as a Senior Pastor Search Committee believe that this is a time of great importance in our church’s history. We have been given the opportunity to seek God’s face and ask for His wisdom in determining whom He has called to be the next lead pastor at Kish Valley Grace Brethren. We believe that this should be a time of great excitement and enthusiasm for our church, and we know that we are in need of supernatural discernment through this process.
The SPSC earnestly requests your involvement in the process of calling a new lead pastor to Kish by partnering with us in prayer for the team, the man God is calling to KVGBC, and the church as a whole. Below are three areas that need a great deal of focused prayer. As you set aside time to pray, take a moment to read through the Scriptures provided and meditate on the truths found in them before incorporating those ideas into your prayer time. We believe that God provides wisdom and guidance as we commune regularly with Him, and we trust that you will take the opportunity to pray for and with us through this process.
Purposefully Pray for Committee Members:
· That we can communicate effectively with each other as we establish trust and pursue God’s direction—Ephesians 4:29, Galatians 6:2, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
· That we would have the mind of Christ and agree; that we desire the attitude of Christ Jesus and do not bring out own agendas to this work - Philippians 2:1-12
· For the team to have supernatural wisdom as to the unique characteristics and traits most needed for our church.
· For patience and trust in the Lord throughout the process.
· That we will place the needs of the church above our own individual desires.
Purposefully Pray for our Congregation:
· For patience and trust in the Lord during the waiting. Proverbs 3:5-6
· For the true needs of the congregation to come to the surface.
· For unity around God’s Word, the Great Commission and our church’s mission.
· To grow in love toward one another; for unresolved conflict to be worked out and for reconciliation among any broken relationships in the church - Colossians 3:12-17
Purposefully Pray for our Next Pastor:
· That God would prepare him to better shepherd our flock through the trials and blessings he is currently experiencing - Romans 12:9-13
· That he and his family will have absolute certainty in their sense of calling to our church. He must know God’s direction - Romans 12:1-2
· That he will have a clear vision for how to minister to the people of KVGBC and the surrounding community – Proverbs 29:18